Friday, March 11, 2011

Trent Johnston will be selective in his chicken dance

Ireland's Trent Jonston will now be selective on his famous chicken dance. The 36-year-old pacer, who had to sit out the match against West Indies with a knee injury, said he is relieved that he is still in India after his nasty fall during the match against the host nation.

"The physio reckons I will be 100 per cent for South Africa next Tuesday if I sit this one out. I am quite relieved I am still in India. When I crashed down onto that rock-hard wicket in Bangalore on Sunday, the impact was so great it left a 1.5 inch crater that they couldn't flatten out with a sledgehammer," Johnston quipped.

He said he will do his chicken dance only when he takes a big players' wicket.

"I had decided not to reprise it (chicken dance) in this tournament, but the kids kept pestering me so I decided that if I knocked over a top player, I would do it. Cue the histrionics in front of a billion people when I got Virender Sehwag out on Sunday."

"I will now stick to my selective policy. If I get Chris Gayle or Graeme Smith's wicket, there will be dancing, but not for a No.9 or No.10 batsmen."